Mechanics Tax Refunds, Construction Tax Refunds, MOD Tax Refunds, Security Tax Refunds, Teacher Tax Refunds, UK

Find Out If You Are Eligible For Claiming Tax Rebates In The UK

How Do You Claim a Tax Rebate?

To claim a tax rebate you only need to follow a few easy steps. It requires seconds to begin your tax refund claim and we’ve made it easy at every stage. Our Tax Rebate Services has agreed processes set up with the tax office which streamlines the tax refund process and means you can claim the utmost you’re owed without fuss. We do the paperwork for you keeping everything straightforward and giving you satisfaction.

Established in 2002 Tax Rebate Services has helped over 20,000 UK tax payers. We’ve claimed back more than £16 million securing the average tax rebate worth more than £900. Oftentimes we secure tax rebates worth a lot of money dating back over four tax years. It costs nothing to determine more with our free tax rebate review and then we’re here to provide for your claim from start to finish.

Exactly what is a Mechanics Tax Refunds?

You can get a refund on the tax you paid on the tools you will need for work by claiming mechanic tax relief. HMRC allows tax relief on tools to be claimed back, to help cover the price of these essential items by way of a capital allowances claim.

Already have an instrument allowance in your tax code? You are able to still claim for the true cost of your tools, in case you curently have the tool allowance in your tax code.

Common situations where people meet the criteria for tax refund:

Tools and equipment expenses:

A whole lot of jobs like mechanics, bricklayers, hairdressers, etc. require the utilization of tools, and frequently the various tools aren’t payed for by the employers. Any mechanic or construction-worker is eligible to claim a tax refund for his or her tools if:

You payed for your tools
Your employer hasn’t reimbursed the cost allocated to tools
You could claim for Tools tax refund with the help of leading accounting services like Tax Rebate Services. Their experienced accountants have helped more than 20,000 UK citizens claim the tax amount they are due. You could either claim a refund of £120 through flat-rate expenses or if you spent more than £120 you can use the receipts as proof to claim about 20% of the purchased amount.

Maintaining work clothing:

HMRC recognizes that purchasing and maintaining work clothing involves a large amount of money. The department has specified different refund rates for work clothing depending on the profession, which varies between £ 200 and £1000.

Mileage costs:

Some professions require traveling between places for work or visiting client places, which may well not be payed for by the employer. Employees can claim back refunds on mileage costs. HRC has fixed flat rates for mileage costs including charges for fuel, servicing, MOT, insurance, etc.

Personal Protective Equipment (PPE):

Certain professions like civil engineering, scaffolding require the utilization of PPE. If the employer hasn’t paid for it, you can claim a refund for the same.

Incorrect PAYE codes:

Due to human error, the PAYE codes could easily get mixed up, and your income tax could wrap up being miscalculated. Certain personal allowances would get missed out leading to irregularities.

Change of employment:

Whenever you switch jobs, your former employer issues a P45, which is collected by the new employer. When the employee has a few days or weeks times before being admitted in to the new position, you can claim back the total amount calculated during this time period.

Subscription costs:

Professional employees may spend more on training to hone their skills which includes expenses including:

Trade memberships
Tax Purposes Police Federation for Policeman
Gas safe register subscription costs
SIA license fees in case of security officers
Accommodation costs:

When employers happen to be other locations for work-related reasons, they could have to remain overnight somewhere. Generally, the employers must reimburse the accommodation costs, but if that’s not the case, you can claim a tax refund.

Tax rebates apply to several situations. Make sure you aren’t overpaying income tax.